Friday, July 23, 2010

New Found Confusion

Today was a day of a new confusion for me. My first break being a reasonable time of day I went outside for the fresh air and ironic smoke that went with it.
I sat in the front of my work building on the side of a huge flower garden area. The area was about waist high and enclosed in marble stones that have an edge wide enough, so many people would frequently sit on them.
I took out my smoke and my lighter; lit my smoke, put the lighter away and then took out my Blackberry.
I proceeded to text and smoke.
Out of the corner of my eye I see a homeless lady walking by but kept what I was doing. She gets probably about a meter and a half, maybe two, away when she turns and looks at me and says: "Noble, very noble." And continues to walk.
Did I miss something here? She never once approached me or asked me anything.
The only things I can gather that it comes down to are simplistic, yet stupid when I debate it down further. But I figure it's one of these three things.
For one, I was wearing my hair up and silly so I guess I probably looked too young for smoking and gathered she was impressing some kind of homeless words against smoking.
For two, I was sitting on the side of the flower ledge area and that maybe she was trying to impress onto me her disgust with my obvious lack of respect for the flowers. They don't like breathing smoke either.
And lastly, maybe she was just crazy? I mean, she was homeless...it's not like they are known for their intellect for the most part. I once was walking from my work to the bus stop and passed a homeless guy who shouted that he was part of the evil Ewok corporation!
But I mean, still.....noble? Should I be shivering in my boots or something?
Oddly enough, I don't know why I didn't think about it sooner, but perhaps it was a combination of everything above plus my texting.
But again, really?

No comments:

Post a Comment