Friday, August 13, 2010

Sickness boosts speed!

I've recently been sick and off of work for a few weeks. And I've found kept myself busy with some crochet & knitting projects. And although with a fever, my skin burning up, feeling dizzy, feeling sick or about to be, aches and pain all over, and even having my doctor have me change some of my eating habits; I somehow find the energy to zoom through projects.
I don't mean like I did a big portion of the project, said it was enough, boyfriend applauded me and said it looked great.

I mean like I finished a hat with all the little details in about two days, and the next day I started on a little crochet plushie of G.I.R. from a cartoon show called Invader Zim.
And he's almost done himself after two days! All that needs finishing is attaching his tongue and zipper on the front!
This kind of project would normally take a week or so to complete, yet I've somehow found a surge of reserve power somewhere inside of me to speed crochet & knit.
Now, I'm not saying that normally I'm a slow crochet or knitter, but it's as if the cold has been helping me and boosting my speed. And all I can think of is that we need to go to Midway. For those of you who don't know what Midway is, it's like a gaming centre where certain games give you tokens and you can redeem the tokens for prizes.

And all I can think about now is that alligator game that's a version of whack a mole, and how badly i would destroy them all!

Either way, here's a photo for all you Gir lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment