Saturday, August 14, 2010

Facepalm and sigh

We went to Walmart because I needed a red light bulb. It's for developing some photographic paper that I used in a pin hole camera I made.
Lost track of the fiance so looked around a bit. Some exercise equipment here, some hunting crap there. Until I come accross the isle for lights, fixtures, and bulbs.
The fiance magically appears, with less magic and ninja clouds and more of a pushing cart and hurried 'cause "I found you" appearance.

We talk about which one is best, put it in the cart and head off to the toy section. His nephew's birthday was a few days ago and we hadn't time to go.We walk up and down the many isles of toys, noise makers, and flashy lights when we come across an isle of Iron man, Spiderman, and the rest of the crime fighters lot.

I'm now pushing the cart looking from side to side knowing full well we are no longer here for the benefit of his "nephew's birthday" when I hear what resembles a gasp and an inaudible "SQUEE".I turn to see a grin on his face and a hand reaching out for an Iron man mask. Without missing a beat I say to him, "You are NOT Iron man..." and start to push the cart up the remaining isle.
"But I could be!" is his retort as he fumbles around with the back of the mask trying to get it untied to try it on.
I try again to disuade him of his child like nature that just surfaced by saying, "The mask does NOT make you Iron man. It makes you a man in a mask..." But it would seem my response fell on deaf ears as the photo shows.

See, this is why I don't go into the toys section with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment